Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Daddy's Boys


I believe with all my heart that my boys have the best daddy on the planet. Really - he is so active in their lives. So patient with them. Loves to "romp and wrestle" with them - he totally trumps me on this one!!! I am a girly girl to the core. :-) He is a wonderful role model. He loves to read books with them. He loves to play puzzles. He loves to watch TV with them - okay maybe he doesn't love the Wiggles and Mickey, but he sure does tolerate them. He loves to watch them play together. He hates it when they hurt or feel sad. And he (self-admittedly) is somewhat of a softie. :-) So, it's no wonder that my boys are both turning into quite the daddy's boys. Jacob, more so than Jonathan. Seriously - Jacob loves his daddy more than anything in the world!!!!! It's a really precious relationship and I treasure watching them together. And, I have to admit, this daddy's boy phase is working to my advantage some times...especially in the middle of the night. Yes, Jacob still wakes up in the middle of the night almost every night (AAACCCKKK!!!!) and when he does, he screams "DAAAADDDEEEE," which is nice for me, because I can just roll right back over and pretend he didn't wake up. Daddy walks upstairs so patiently and gets him back to sleep and usually falls asleep in the process. So yes, it has its advantages... but selfishly, I must admit, sometimes I wish I was the favorite. Oh I know that sounds terribly selfish, but those sweet mommas boys you hear about...I want that. I really do. There. I said it. Confession from deep in my heart. :-) Bottom line, I love my boys so much and I want the best life has to offer for them and I KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT that their daddy is that for them and I am so grateful. I'm grateful to share parenthood with him and I'm thankful for the amazing example he is to our boys. Couldn't ask for more in this life...ever!

1 comment:

Tiffany Keene said...

Yes, Billy is an awesome daddy! J & J are so blessed (and so is Mommy!)!!! :) However, I think that your boys are more of "Mommy's Boys" than you realize! :) Jacob's at that age where every little boy wants to be like their Daddy. But, you know you have Jacob and Jonathan's heart! :)
We love the Stovers!!!!