Sunday, April 22, 2012
My almost (gulp) kindergarten enthusiast... you are amazing in every sense of the word. I love you with all my heart and each day, my love grows even more. You are full of life and full of energy. From the time you get up in the morning until you crash at bedtime, you are a bundle of energy and love to go go go. Anywhere I go, you want to go too. Well, more accurately, anywhere your daddy goes, you want to go too!!
You are so smart. I love your curiosity and how you love to learn new things. You catch on so quickly. You can read really well and especially love to read Dr. Seuss books. You hardly need any help at all! I got to hang out with your preschool class a few days this week and I was so impressed by you. Each morning, you just get busy on your morning worksheet and need very little help or guidance. You are the first one done, but then you do a nice job of coloring quietly. You follow directions well at school and respect Mrs. Lyons and your friends.
You are also counting money and you love to play board games like Disney Monopoly, Sorry and Life. Your favorite TV show right now is Doc McStuffins. Your favorite treat is, oh wait, you like all treats! :-) You like to play playstation, but more than that, you love to play outside - you love to play hide and seek tag and "What time is it Mr. Wolf?" You also learned to propel yourself on the swings - hallelujah! You are working hard to learn to tie your shoes.
You are the sweetest little guy - you love to write sweet little messages to people and love to create special drawings. Your drawings are really pretty good and have lots of details. I'm impressed big guy!
I have loved the age of 5. So much curiosity, so much imaginative play. Behaviorally, you do a really good job of being obedient and using your manners most of the time. I'm so proud to be your momma.
Sweet boy, as you continue to grow, you know that my prayer for you is that you choose to love the Lord with all your heart, mind and soul every single day. I pray that you will begin to understand just how big and deep and wide and long God's love is for you! I pray that you will not follow the lead of little boys and girls who choose to make bad choices. I pray that God will place very good friends in your path who also love the Lord and try to do what's right. I pray for your teachers - Kindergarten through college. I pray that you will love and protect your brother and new baby brother or sister every single day. I pray that you always know that you can come to me and trust me with your feelings. I pray that you know just how much you are loved by your mommy and daddy and most importantly, your heavenly Father. He has great things planned for you... can't wait to see how He uses you sweet boy.
With all my love,
Sunday, April 15, 2012
(This pic has nothing really to do with this post, but it is a great shot of my handsome sweeties!)
It really is the simple things in life that mean the most. We get so busy "living life" that we forget to stop and say thanks to God for all the great little things in our life. The moments that to anyone else would be completely forgettable, but to me, draw special memories on my heart's wall. Here's a few of those that I just have to document (just in case my preggo self can't remember my name tomorrow or the next day or in 10 years...)
* Jonathan's shear excitement when I brought home cantaloupe from the store today - he said, "you got exactly what I wanted because I ate it at Mrs. Mary's and I loved it." and then he saw the strawberries and said, "that is the hugest berry ever." So cute!
* the boys are in to pretending to create a circus and like to do little tricks on the swing set. Their favorite trick is the "swashbuckle." - no idea what that word means.
* Jacob loves to work in his Huge Kindergarten workbook - he is so smart. Really! So independent. He's even counting money. WHAT????
* Jonathan is totally attached to this random little princess toy that he got at McDondalds - the day he got it, he was a teary mess because they gave him a girl toy rather than a boy toy, but now, for some reason, he takes that little princess everywhere...even in the bathtub.
* The boys love children's church and their favorite song right now is "solid rock." However, they are convinced that it says "Solly rock." Seriously.
* Any time Billy is watching a ballgame on TV, the boys say, "is it the Cats?" When daddy says no, they say, "well then who are you for because I'm for the team that my daddy likes."
* Jonathan loves to help mommy pick weeds - but he only likes the ones with dirt on them.
* Both boys love to play baseball - Jacob is a great hitter! Look out Major league!
* Our weekend was full of special times. And we did nothing. It was glorious!
Monday, April 02, 2012
Thanks to Pinterest, I decided to create these little Easter gardens with my sweeties. Most of our friends got together last Wednesday to do the same, but it was a work day for me... So, we did it on our own this weekend. I hope their grass sprouts. They have checked on them approximately 27 times each day since Saturday. It was a great opportunity to re-tell the amazing real story about Easter and remember the sacrifice on the cross. Praying we keep THAT at the forefront this weekend! Here's a few shots and the finished project. (there's three crosses and a tomb with a giant stone in front. The the rocks were just the boys' extra touches.