I there were a fly on the walls of the Stover house, here's what he/she might see...
* The same little three month old SLEEPING LIKE A ROCKSTAR!!!!! seriously - so blessed! He goes to sleep at 8 or 8:30 and sleeps until 8. We wake him up for a "dream feed" at 11ish. Daddy usually does that feeding. He's eating 5-6 times a day and drains 5.5 ounces each feeding. Getting some sweet trademark rolls on his leggies. And those cheeks? Yes, please!
* A cute little six year old with no teeth. Seriously - he lost another one this weekend - that makes 7 teeth lost. unbelievable. This one wasn't exactly supposed to come out right now. It was a little loose, but was helped when Jacob was jumping in a bouncy house and somehow face-planted on the gym floor.
* Two little spies. Oh wait the fly wouldn't be able to see them because they are invisible. They usually put on their jammies and run around saying "you can't see me." It's very very very cute. They say, "we are busy. Don't come in our room."
* Other really cool costumes as well - the other day, they were Captain Hook and Peter Pan with some make shift costumes. HILARIOUS!
* A little four year old who is slightly obsessed with Sonic racing play station game. He would play it all the time if we let him, which we don't of course. We generally let him play for about 30 minutes a day. He even "pretends" to play video games.
* Mommy is obsessed with the Ruzzle app on the iPhone. I try to get daddy to join, but he's just not that into it. :-)
* Mommy is pumping my face off to provide yummy milk for "the boy." It's working for us! SO much so that there's a blue light special on breast milk in our house. Seriously - can't even fit ice cream in the freezer right now. Looking for places to donate the milk. Any ideas? Pumping is just a way of life for us. And of course there's no privacy. Jacob asks, "why doesn't he eat from your breath, Mommy?" Yep, he says breath. And it's cute. And I haven't corrected him. Lord help us if he goes to school and says mommy tries to breath feed but it just doesn't work, so she hooks up this weird system and milk drips into bottles from her breath." Oh golly. :-)
* Daddy is loving the NBA package on Direct TV... there's always some game on TV.
* The big boys are excited about playing Upward Basketball at church. Actually, Jacob is playing and Jonathan is helping daddy "coach." Cute! The team name is Sycamores. Jonathan says it like "sik -a-mo-uz" in true southern fashion.
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Monday, January 07, 2013
Yesterday was a big day for our little family. My sweet, amazing hubby was ordained as a Deacon of our church, Shelbyville First Baptist. It's a big deal! I am so proud to be married to a man who is willing to love God and love people. That's his utmost desire. Our little family benifits from that in MANY ways! Billy is honorable, loving, genuine, kind and consistent. I can't think of a man more fitting for the job of Deacon. His favorite verse (he even put it on his groom's cake at our wedding) is Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever." During his testimony yesterday, he shared the impact this verse on his life. In a world that is changing minute by minute, it's so comforting to know we serve a God who never ever changes. He said that no matter where he is, New Year's Eve, on the basketball court, at work, at home on the couch or at church on Sunday, he tries to be the same person. Ya'll - it is so true. Billy is the most consistently sweet person on the planet. What you see is what you get with him. Well, me likely what I see and what I get! :-) I feel honored to be walking alongside Billy in this journey called life. I feel honored that God chose me to be his mate. I feel honored to support him in ministry and service. I feel honored that I get an up close and personal look at this awesome man of God. And don't get me started on Billy the daddy - y'all all know that I believe Jacob, Jonathan and Joshua are the most lucky boys on the planet becuase Billy is their daddy. Seriously - I love my husband! Thank you Jesus for the incredible man that he is and that he.is.mine.forever!