Saturday, November 06, 2010

Big Bad Jon



Jonathan… you constantly do or say things that I think are so cute. So, just so I never ever forget them, here's a few things that you do at 2 1/2. I love you more than you'll ever know!



  • You say "Don’t" when you mean won’t or can’t.. (like if we say Don’t jump on the couch… you say “I don’t.” Or if you can’t see the tv, you say “I don’t see” if we say “don’t touch… you say “I don’t I just wooking.”)
  • Whenever someone asks you your name, you say, "I'm Bad." (we call you Big Bad...after the old song "big bad Jon.") Such a bad habit for us, but oh well...

  • You say thank you very well and use please most of the time, but we are still really working on that one!

  • You follow every move Jacob makes – good or bad!

  • You respond pretty well to timeout

  • You call Jacob “bubup”

  • “Don’t wash my hair “– we hear this every night at bath time.

  • You love gogo(yogurt) but it must be PEACH gogo…..or you may give it back.

  • You like Batman almost as much as your brother; and when you see the joker or penguin you say “bad guys.”

  • You Sing the sweetest prayer at meal time with Bubup that goes something like this while opening and closing your hands – “Open shut them, open shut them, give a little clap; open shut them, open shut them, fold them in your lap. Thank you Father, thank you Father, for our food, for our food, many many blessings, many many blessings, amen amen. Dear God, thank you for our food and nourishment in Jesus Name Amen.” It is so cute, but honestly when you do it all by yourself, it goes on and on and on... :-)

  • You say “Wait a Minute” many times a day.

  • You took your first drink of coke (unless we didn’t know otherwise thanks to his Aunt Amy, or grandparents :) ) after we bribed you to eat all your food and then you looked at us and said “Me like Coke”

  • You are sleeping fairly well in the bunk bed and say “bunk bed” whenever someone mentions sleep. However, you still gets up probably every other night and I hear you say “where my pacis go?” and then you run to the gate and cry for mommy. Not cool, little guy. NOT cool!

  • You say “hep me” – A LOT.

  • When we go to Ms. Maureen’s every time, you say “Omi’s street (Naomi is one of the boys’ sweet friends from church), Amy’s street, and Ms. Piggy’s street (one of Mamaw’s friends – Ms. Peggy.) So cute!

  • At least 117 times a day, we hear, “ Bubup poosh me or Bubup hit me.”

  • When we say, what are the rules, you say “no hit, no poosh, no poke eyeball, no sceam”

  • You buckle Jacob’s car seat nearly every time we exit the van. It makes Jacob crazy!

  • You always wants to go “pierce’s way” home – to see the big ghost (at Halloween) and now, the Turkey in one of our neighbor’s yard and you are very worried about where the ghost has gone.

  • Calls your Mamaw and Papaw “Moomaw and Poopaw” - I think it’s so cute I never correct you!

  • You love the songs Saving the World and Sweetly Broken on our iPod.

  • Your nite nite routine includes the following songs and you know every word! How Great is Our God, Oh How I love Jesus, Jesus Loves Me, Jesus Loves the Little Children, Up on the Housetop and the I love you song from Barney.


You make us so happy and keep us laughing! Love you like crazy!



Mommy

2 comments:

Tiffany Keene said...

So sweet, Sherri!!!! And I love Big Bad Jon too!

Mommy Webb said...

Sweet, sweet post. Aunt Rachie loves you too:). And Uncle Lee has always called you Big Bad - even when I tried to get him to say Jonathan;). I will add that you love, love, love to read. And you help clean up whenever you are asked. You are so special to me.