Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Hello world... I'm one month old!
* He weighs in at a whopping 9 lbs 8 oz and is now 21 1/2 inches tall. (50 percentile for both)
* He is a super easy baby! So chilled and relaxed. Thank the Lord for that!
* He loves to lay flat on his back on his little play mat and look around. He is so content!
* He's starting to kick his legs and move his arms like crazy. I love that.
* He has beautiful eyes -they are steely grey. I wish they would stay that color forever.
* He's eating every three(ish) hours during the day and sometimes goes 4-5 hours at night. Nursing has been frustrating to say the least, so I'm pumping my face off to give him breast milk. It's hard, but it's working for us for now.
* One of his nicknames is "super soaker" - seriously, little dude pees all the time and OFTEN pees right through his diaper. I change his clothes multiple times a day. We've tried Huggies and Pampers - neither seems better than the others.
* His other nickname is "the boy." Even Jacob and Jonathan call him that sometimes.
* He sounds congested a lot, especially at night. He makes loud grunting noises and sounds like an old man. Pediatrician says it is a slight form of reflux - no intervention necessary.
* He naps in his crib during the day, but is still sleeping in our room at night.
* I love love love the way he stares at and studies his daddy's face when he comes home from work every day. It is precious!
* He is fitting into our little family with ease. The big boys adore him and are so helpful and wonderful with him. They like to hold him, sing to him and talk to him. Jonathan is constantly trying to give him things. It's so cute.
I love having a newborn again. It's a lot of fun. Busy, but fun. I am tired...all.the.time. But I feel so blessed and thank God for the amazing way he has blessed and redeemed my life.