Sunday, June 23, 2013

Happy FIFTH birthday Big Bad Jon

omgeee, I'm running late.  Such is life with three boys, I suppose.  Or maybe I'm just in denial about this post.  My baby is 5.  Wait. a. minute.  What???  Yep,  Jonathan turned the big F-I-V-E on May 30.  I just can't believe that he's already five years old.  My goodness.  Where to start on this momentous occasion...
Here's a few tidbits about the birthday boy- a list of fives if you will...
Jonathan's five favorite foods:
  strawberries, blueberries, yogurt, ice cream and barbecue fritos
Jonathan's five favorite games:
  Super Mario on the Wii U,  Mario checkers, Mario memory match, Sorry, Hide and Seek
Jonathan's five favorite TV shows:
  Tom and Jerry, Sonic X, Looney Toons, (okay - that's only three... he really watches anything his brother wants to watch)
Jonathan's five favorite places to go eat:
  McDonalds, Snappy Tomato (which he calls Papa Tomatoes), Steak and Shake, Zaxby's, and Little Caesars
Jonathan's five favorite places to go:
  HOME (he loves being home!), Mamaw and Papaw's, Grammy and Pa's, anywhere with Daddy, and the park

Here's a few highlights from his birthday celebration...
First, we went to Chuck E Cheese on his "real" birthday.  He was so excited to get a Wii U from mommy and daddy, Grammy and Pa and Mamaw and Papaw. 



Then, he had a few friends to play at the Discovery Gym.  A fun time (and awesome Mario cupcakes) were had by all.  I made these cute little mustaches for everyone for a picture.  So cute! 
 
Little buddy, here's praying that your 5th year is all you hoped it could be.  You are a wonderful and sweet boy.  It nearly rips my heart out to believe you are already 5 years old.  It feels like just yesterday that we surprised everyone at Jacob's first birthday party with a shirt that proclaimed he was the big brother and that I was pregnant with you!  You have a great and funny personality and sometimes I just love the things you say.  You make us laugh all the time.  You are growing so big and starting to become a little more independent of your brother.  You go to your own class at church now with no problems and handle activities that are only for "k and up" like a champ.  You are a quality time guy for sure.  The first thing we hear each morning is "what can we do?"  Jonathan, keep on learning about and loving Jesus.  Remember he will never leave you or forsake you.  Neither will we.  I love you forever, I love you for always. 

No comments: