Thursday, July 08, 2010

Happy Birthday to my very best friend!







Happy Birthday my love! Hope your day is super special! In honor of your 35th birthday, here are 35 things I love love love love love about you!



1. your faith in God



2. consistency - what you see is what you get with you and I love that. You are the same at home, at work, with buddies, with judges.. What a great quality!



3. your willingness to help out so much at home - we really are partners and I couldn't do this whole "home" thin without you!



4. your positive attitude



5. your total and complete acceptance of me



6. your willingness to "get your hands dirty" and help change diapers. :-)



7. you are the best daddy!!!



8. I love when you read books to the boys - even when you want to watch ESPN



9. your patience (Lord sure knew that I'd need a patient man!)



10. your kindness towards others - our little family, but also just everyone



11. your genuineness



12. your willingness to take charge of our finances - balancing the checkbook, receipts, all that stuff that I'm just not very good at!



13. You are a very thoughtful gift giver



14. you work hard to find us babysitters fairly frequently so we can have date nights



15. you are a genuinely happy person - I love that. It's evident that you have the joy of the Lord in your heart.



15. I love that you check in with me frequently when we're apart! I love getting little text messages or phone calls during the day. I never get tired of hearing your voice.



16. your passion for sports (even though I don't always seem supportive) I love that you love sports and all things "manly."



17. Your willingness to lead our family toward Christ



18. Your selfless attitude



19. Your support for me whatever I do



20. I love that you are my "go to" person (think Meredith and what's her face on Greys Anatomy...)



21. You are my biggest fan - you encourage me to exercise, you cheer me on at work, you support my "wild hairs"



22. You love my cooking - and I love that you appreciate that. :-)



23. your tolerance of my silly questions - like "mmm, honey, what's your biggest regret in life?" Or "mmm, honey, if you could wave a magic want for our kids, what would you wish?" - and of course I always seem to ask you those questions when you are literally 95% asleep at night. :-)



24. you are very funny



25. you always make me listen to the words of songs - I just don't pay good attention to them



26. you really do complete me - we make a good team! In parenthood, you are patient when I'm about to pull my hair out. At work, you are positive when I'm about to scream my head off...



27. I love that you love the same TV shows that I do - we have such fun watching our shows.



28. you tolerate me picking at you - pulling hairs, pulling stray eyebrows, getting rid of unwanted hair... :-) sounds gross, but I do like it.



29. You always make me feel safe. I never ever once think about checking the doors at night, because I know you've already done it.



30. You go the extra mile to make me feel loved - you go out late at night to get me gas in the car if I need it, you go get me Nestle Quik when I "NEED" it... without even questioning how silly it may be.



31. You honor me as your wife and always say nice things about me to other people.



32. Your innate ability to be a great daddy to our boys - you are really a great dad!



33. you keep my secrets - I can totally trust you!



34. You are honorable, reliable and giving



35. I love you more and more every day! I have no doubt that God created you just for me! Here's to many many more years of "doing life" and serving God together.

No comments: