Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It's Basketball time in Kentucky Y'all

So, basketball is a way of life in Kentucky and yes, we.bleed.blue! Go CATS. It's really funny how even as 3 and 5 year olds, our boys have strong opinions about which basketball teams to like and which ones to cheer against. One of them may actually call another team in Kentucky "dirty birds" any time he sees the emblem. I mean, we honestly do not say that in our house. Promise. Even my hubby, who's as dies hard UK fan as you could find, does not say that. But, the strong opinions stand of the preschoolers in our house. So, it's a darn good thing that the little team Jacob is playing on happens to have royal blue uniforms, which of course he calls the Cats. :-) He's really enjoying it, and so is little bro, his biggest fan. So is mommy, but I have to confess, I have to bite my tongue not to yell at the little ball hogs on the other teams. I mean really - YOU ARE FIVE. Sharing should be your thing by now. :-) Oh my. I'm really gonna have to try hard not to be that mom. You know the one everyone dreads to see or HEAR at sporting events. Self-control, please don't fail me now. Anyway, here's a few shots of my sweet boy and his new UK blue team.



No comments: