Monday, October 08, 2012

Jacob-Man...

A little update about the oldest Stover kiddo... Jacob is doing great!  He is still loving Kindergarten and is learning a lot.  He really enjoys getting homework (go figure... he's a little like his momma.)  He is totally into writing little messages and he writes them every where.  My favorite lately has been: "Jacob is a cool kid.  He really is.  He is cool. He is fun"  His teacher has been encouraging him to expand his writing and he's now up to 5-6 sentences.  It's so cute.  He is reading like a champ and scored very well on the preliminary standardized tests at school.  I couldn't be more proud.  He loves (and even keeps me accountable!!!) the little notes I put in his lunchbox every day.  I started it the first day of school.  Lord, please help me never forget to put one in his lunchbox.  He would be crushed!!!!

Kindergarten has kind of mellowed him out. He loves to read and comes home and just soaks up our time together.  He is so sweet and a delight to be around most all the time.  He's also very intuitive.  A couple of times lately, I have been sad (my emotions have been crazy this whole pregnancy, but these were special times...).  My aunt died suddenly a few weeks ago and I had a really hard time with it.  After I got the news, I was laying down in bed and my sweet little Jacob came in and snuggled me.  Genuine, unselfish snuggling.  Nothing could have made my day more than that!   

He has really enjoyed playing soccer this year.  So cute!!!  He's pretty good - he's fast and seemed to "Get" the game.  He even scored a goal.  I wonder if he'll keep his interest??? Who knows. 

Drum roll please...Jacob man is going to be in the little community theater play this Christmas season.  He is so excited.  The play is "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever."  And Jacob is Henry the angel.  I can't wait.  His papaw is really into the play thing, so this is something the two of them can share.  I'll be his biggest fan - that's for sure.  This play thing is no joke though.  Lots of practices and lots of time commitment.  He is pumped about it.  :-) 

Lastly, and I can't believe I'm typing these words... He turns 6 next Sunday.  Holy moly.  This time six years ago, I was imagining what he would look like, smell like and act like.  Now, I'm doing the same for his baby brother.  Special times.  I can't believe he's almost 6.  The last 6 years have been wonderful.  I love being momma to Jacob.  He stretches my heart more than I ever imagined.  We had a fun "friends" party for him last weekend - I wanted him to have a special time before baby changes our family.  He is determined that he will NOT share his birthday with Joshua... i hope that for his sake, that's true.  Happy Birthday sweet boy. 
 
OH, Jacob, I love you to the moon and back.  You are such an awesome kiddo!  Can't wait to see how God uses you in your life.  Keep shining for Jesus!!!

No comments: