Monday, January 07, 2013

Man of Honor

Yesterday was a big day for our little family.  My sweet, amazing hubby was ordained as a Deacon of our church, Shelbyville First Baptist.  It's a big deal! I am so proud to be married to a man who is willing to love God and love people.  That's his utmost desire.  Our little family benifits from that in MANY ways!  Billy is honorable, loving, genuine, kind and consistent.  I can't think of a man more fitting for the job of Deacon.  His favorite verse (he even put it on his groom's cake at our wedding) is Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever."  During his testimony yesterday, he shared the impact this verse on his life.  In a world that is changing minute by minute, it's so comforting to know we serve a God who never ever changes.  He said that no matter where he is, New Year's Eve, on the basketball court, at work, at home on the couch or at church on Sunday, he tries to be the same person.  Ya'll - it is so true.  Billy is the most consistently sweet person on the planet.  What you see is what you get with him.  Well, me likely what I see and what I get!  :-)  I feel honored to be walking alongside Billy in this journey called life.  I feel honored that God chose me to be his mate.  I feel honored to support him in ministry and service.  I feel honored that I get an up close and personal look at this awesome man of God.  And don't get me started on Billy the daddy - y'all all know that I believe Jacob, Jonathan and Joshua are the most lucky boys on the planet becuase Billy is their daddy.  Seriously - I love my husband!  Thank you Jesus for the incredible man that he is and that he.is.mine.forever! 

No comments: