Guess who's back??? Chipperson, our trusty little Elf on the Shelf. Y'all - the boys have been talking about Chipperson for at least two months, preparing for his arrival, speculating about his shenanigans, and writing him little letters to take to the North Pole. I love all the magic. It's so fun! So, Chipperson made his debut by flying to Cave City first. He sent the boys on a scavenger hunt around Grammy and Pa's house and they finally found him drinking out of the pancake syrup bottle. They were so cute! Jacob wrote him a note that said, "please hide up high so Joshua can't get you!" PRECIOUS!!! Then, Chipperson found his way back home to Shelbyville, but before stopping at our house, he made a pit stop at the Shelby County Community Theater to catch Jacob in "The Christmas Carol" on opening night. The next morning, a program from the show and a little note was included and Chipperson was hiding in our Christmas card basket. Since then, that little rascal exchanged our stockings for underwear, played tic tac toe on our bathroom mirror and ate a bunch of brownies. Wonder where we'll find him next?
And just some other stuff I just don't want to forget...
* Joshua says "Ho Ho Ho" all the time and it is so cute. Any Christmas decoration he sees he says it.
* Each morning when I go get him, he makes sure to tell me all his words - "ho ho ho" "bye" "Ba ba" "uh oh" "mama" "hi"
* He is into throwing his food off his plate and it makes me crazy - he's still a pretty good eater, but it seems like we only have a three minute window to give him some food on his tray
* He hates getting dressed! He gets into everything - it's nothing for him to go in a room and come out with the most random stuff in his hands. Hilarious!
* JONATHAN IS READING!!!! Really well - it's precious! I love hearing him read and working so hard
* We have a meeting tomorrow at school for an IEP for him to get speech services. It makes me sad, but I know it will help so much.
* He recently went to a princess peacock birthday party. There was one other boy there, but he totally held his own. I love that they have such good friends that are girls.
* Jacob has really enjoyed his role as Tiny Tim in the Christmas Carol at the SCCT. He does a great job! I'm so proud of him. I think he has a little acting bug!
* He continues to love school and thinks his teacher hung the moon - the other day, I got my hair cut and colored and he said, "it almost looks like Mrs. Fallen's..." I knew that was a huge huge huge compliment!
* They are both slightly obsessed with making Rainbow Looms for others
* The big boys are actually "into" playing with the boy. It's cute - the favorite games are peekaboo and hide and go seek. Joshua craves their attention