Monday, November 10, 2008

I'm a guest blogger

Hi. My mommy told me to post a blog for her tonight. I know I should be sleeping, but life is just too exciting these days. I happen to LOVE LOVE LOVE my big brother and if he's up, I definitely want to be up. He's not, by the way - I can't hear him, so that means he's asleep in his room. I want to share a room with him so bad, but my mommy and daddy think I'll sleep better in the extra room for a while. For some reason, he likes to play in his room when he should be sleeping. I think it's supposed to be a secret, but it's really driving my mommy crazy!!! Really - don't tell anyone.

Let me tell you about life as an almost 6 month old little person. It is pretty cool! My mommy and daddy love me very much and any time I want something, they pretty much give it to me. Like food - my mommy is doing a great job feeding me. I have super chunky legs to prove it. My mommy and daddy both love to squeeze my big legs. I don't understand it, but it makes them smile, so I just laugh and smile in return. Oh - and I just love to roll around. I can get all the way across the room before my mommy even knows it. I'm super fast. One day, I'll be as fast as my big bubby. I also get really excited to hold on to stuff - anything really. I especially like me a hand full of mommy's hair. It feels really neat. I'm starting to like to put everything in my mouth too, so you better be careful what's in my reach. I don't have any teeth yet, but chewing on stuff sure feels good.

I have lots to say, but no one can quite understand me just yet. I learned to squeal just the other day. It really is the most fun sound. You should try it some time! Oh, I also learned to spit and make a buzzing sound - talk about advanced...

Life is good from my point of view. I make mommy smile all the time and I just smile right back because her face is so familiar and comfortable for me. I get super excited when my daddy's around too - I kick my legs and move my arms toward him. They don't know it yet, but I'm really reaching for them and saying "pick me up please."

We are a happy family. My mommy and daddy like each other a lot and they really like to play with me and my brother. I don't really know what this means yet, but we have so much for which to be thankful. I'm thankful for my mommy, daddy and my way-cool big brother. He's my best friend and he doesn't even know it yet - one day, I'll tell him just how much I admire and respect him.

Well, I really must sleep. Mommy thinks I need some sleep at nighttime - I guess she's right, but being awake is just so much fun!

No comments: