Thursday, January 01, 2009

Dear Jacob

We've been doing this for a while in a journal, but I seem to find less and less time to journal these days, so I'm going to add these to my bloggy page. I try to write letters to my boys once a month so here's the first one for 2009:

Dear Jacob,

You are a very sweet little person, my little friend. I love you more than I ever thought it possible to love another person. You bring your daddy and me so much joy. You have a very spunky personality - full of life and wonder. Your eyes and ears are so observant - there's not much that you ever miss! You are very smart (not just because you're mine - I really mean it - you are SMART!!!) You can do big people puzzles like it's no ones business and you can carry on full conversations. Your sentences now have 8-10 words each and you are very good at telling what you want or need. I love hearing you say "I wuv oo MORE" and "Friend Ever" and "I wuv oo bubby/daddy/mommy."

Jacob, I appreciate that you are working on learning manners and you try hard to say "please, thank you and yes ma'am" when appropriate. I also love that you remind us to pray every time we sit down to eat. It's really quite funny the way you clasp your hands and squint your eyes to talk to Jesus. It's hilarious and heart-warming at the same time. It's amazing and a little scary that the things you are learning now are shaping the man you will become. I pray for guidance every step of the way as your mommy. I know I'm never going to be perfect, so I ask you to be patient with me as I try to follow Jesus and let Him lead me to be your mommy.

Oh - one more thing...that big boy bed of yours - IT'S FOR SLEEPING, for crying out loud!!!! 2009 is going to be the year for you to sleep in your big boy bed again, I just know it!!

I love you little noodle - you're one of my best friends in the whole wide world!
Love,
Mommy

No comments: