Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Dear Jacob


Time for your monthly letter from Mommy - little man, I love you! I'm proud of the sweet young guy you are becoming. You are very thoughtful and respectful and most of the time use really good manners. I find myself not having to remind you so many times to say "yes ma'am" and "thank you" and "may I please get down from the table?" You still need reminders, but not every time! Thank you for that!

You started doing the sweetest thing two days ago...your love for music continues to grow and grow and it's so neat. You and your daddy love to have "concerts" with your guitars and sing lots of great old hymns. Your favorite it Victory in Jesus!!! On Monday, you started your concert by saying "oh I need to pray first." So you closed your eyes and prayed "thank you for god thank you for jesus thank you for the children Amen." Before each song of your "concert" you stop and pray - precious. Just precious. I really need to video tape the next concert so I'll never forget it. Here's a few of your prayers tonight...."thank you for jesus thank you for god thank you for mommy and daddy and jacob and jonathan and guitars and toys and hope my brown guitar feels better amen." (your brown guitar is the one we brought you from Nashville and the strings are broken.) What a great prayer!

I love reading books to you and you love reading to me to - you look at all the pictures and tell a great story. You even have some of our favorites memorized like "Brown Bear Brown Bear."

We continue to try to teach you the right behaviors and most of teh time you are wonderful! Please do us a favor and stop screaming "no" to us - that would really help us all. thanks. :-)


Seriously, I love you so much and am so thankful to be your mommy! You're my best little friend and always will be!!!

Love you, Mommy

1 comment:

Tiffany Keene said...

Jacob and Jonathan are both such sweet, sweet boys! You can just tell what wonderful parents you and Billy are!!! I thank God for putting you all in our lives! It is such a blessing to know that we have some pretty amazing role models as Wes and I become parents ourselves!