Sunday, July 05, 2009

taking risks

Some of our best friends announced today (and to us last night) that they are taking a huge risk! They are in the beginning stages of starting a new "mission-focused" church right here in Shelbyville! We are so excited about what God has in store for this city...their boldness and willingness to accept God's call has got me thinking about risks and what taking risks really looks like. I think I've taken a few spiritual risks before (a trip to Africa and a blind date with my now wonderful husband are a few that stick out), but when I think about my walk with Christ, I'm not so sure I have really ever had to or chosen to take a risk. My life verse, and the one that I pray for my children over and over is Matt 22:37 - "love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength." That is a powerful verse - my prayer is that I would really live this verse out every day of my life and if that means taking some risks, then I really hope I'm willing and open to jumping right in. Not really sure of the kind of risks, and I'm a little scared to even go there, but I do know that God's calling all believers to share his love and to be Kingdom minded. So, my bloggy friends - join me in praying that the Stovers would be willing to love the Lord with all our hearts, minds, souls and strength! What a journey we're on!

3 comments:

Tiffany Keene said...

Great post, Sherri! The Keene's will be praying for the Stovers! (And, of course, the Webb's as they take such an awesome leap of faith!) We love y'all!!!!

Katie said...

so true! its a lot to think about and be both encouraged/convicted about!

Mommy Webb said...

I love you. That's all I can say. And you know how much I mean it:). I will pray for y'all. Please pray for us too - as I know you are. GO STOVIES!!!!