(picture has nothing to do with post, but it sure is cute!!! Love these boys!!!)
This weekend, I've had the opportunity for a little girl time and it has been oh so fun! I wasn't gone the whole weekend or anything like that, but I did get some precious moments with some of my favorite people on the planet. Friday afternoon, Rachie and Walkee came for a visit. We had a great time catching up and watching our boys play. Ya'll should have seen it - the three boys were flat out busting a move to some "wiggles" on CD. Hilarious. Sweet. And I got some video for bribery that might need to rear its ugly head when they're teenagers. :-) Then, Saturday morning, I got to hang out with one of my oldest and dearest friends, Jamie...so good to have friends who even though you're not together often, when you are, it's just like you're never apart! Jamie's cooking me a niece or nephew and I can't wait to meet them!!! Then, Saturday afternoon during the big UK/UL football game, (C-A-T-S!!!!) Rachie and Walkee came back over - my boys were napping, so we really got to chat and I got some extra sweet snuggles from Walkee!!! What a blessing. To top it off, today, we had a baby shower for another sweet friend of mine, Tiffany, mom-to-be of Tucker...a.k.a. Jacob and Jonathan's bud! Enjoyed all the fellowship and the car ride (though it wasn't long enough) with Katie - and I got a sneak peak at her new house - LOVE IT!!!!!
So, the weekend's got me thinking about what a girl needs - here's my conclusions:
* every girl needs friends who can come over and REALLY overlook the mess in your house - even when their son eats crumbs off your floor :-) You know you're soul sisters when...
* every girl needs time at Panera and the mall with a good friend
* every girl needs someone to confide in
* every girl (at least every momma) needs other mommas to share (confess) the mishaps of mommyhood and be reassured that you didn't really scar your kid for life when you___ fill in the blank there. You name it, I've done it...
* every girl needs to be able to go shopping for baby gifts every once and a while
* every girl needs (DRUMROLL PLEASE) a wonderful husband who didn't even blink an eye when he found out I had plans a couple of times this weekend and took on the superdad role, which is no stretch for him.. Hon, I love you so much and am honored to be your wife!
What about ya'll - any other thoughts on what a girl needs???