In lieu of the traditional "letter to my boys" this month, I thought I'd do something different. Here's a few observations about my sweet boys:
* Your hair looks like a chia pet. :-) Love it, but seriously, it gets bigger and bigger and bigger.
* You have your daddy wrapped around your little finger..."but daddy..."
* You LOVE Frosty the Snowman - you've seen in 50 times in the last week. You should thank Aunt Carol and Uncle Chris for introducing to your new hero.
* Treats are of utmost importance to you. Your favorite treat is ice cream - a man after my own heart! :-) You're pretty good about not wanting treats before meals, but not so good about not wanting them right.before.bed. ahem!
* You are Mr. Independent - you take your clothes off all by yourself, pick out your clothes, put them on sometimes - you always like to zip your pants, but the button is sometimes tricky for you. You are very opinionated about what you wear and definitely make a distinction between "home clothes, play clothes and church clothes." CUTE!
* You love learning the letters at Ms. Maureen's and always ask her first thing,"what letter are we doing today?"
* You really "get" emotions and are impacted when someone seems sad. You always say,"are you happy?" and then you come give the biggest hugs.
* You think it's hilarious to pass gas or toot as you call it...must be a boy thing.
* You are one strong-willed little guy - especially coming out around your LACK of potty participation.
* You do not like to get your picture taken (unless Angela Wisely is taking your pic!)
* You are a happy little guy. I love your sweet spirit and your inquisitive nature. You are loved beyond imagination. Jesus loves you sweetie and has a wonderful plan for your life! I hope you learn to listen to Him.
* You are a squirmy little guy and hate getting your clothes or diaper changed.
* You are working so hard to communicate with us and I really appreciate your efforts. Your signs are getting really good and you even said "open" this week and "i want that." Good boy!!!!
* You climbed out of your crib once this month and nearly gave me a heart attack - don't even think about doing that again. Mommy is not ready for the big boy bed trauma to commence again.
* You love your nite nite bear. I love watching you drag him around by his little arm. Sweet!
* You would watch Mickey 24 hours a day if we'd let you! Trust me honey, playing toys is so much more fun! Mickey's okay sometimes, but give mom a break and stop doing that ridiculously cute sign for Mickey.
* You're starting to mimic counting - really cute! You play hide and go seek with your brother and have so much fun! You actually are better at finding us than Jacob is...
* Sometimes, you get so frustrated when you want something and can't get it. I hate to see you frustrated and have to remember that when Jacob was 18 months old, he didn't have to compete with anyone. Be patient little one...we're always here to help you!
* You love ketchup - seriously - if you have ketchup on your plate, you'll eat just about anything. You're a great eater anyway, but the ketchup even helps more. You love to eat hot dogs, blueberries, blackberries, bananas, yogurt, eggs, lima beans, peas...really most anything. Except spaghetti - hello, you are a Stover aren't you???
* You love all the Christmas lights and are doing a great job leaving the ornaments alone. Way to go little man!
* You are so loved and bring so much joy to our family. You are a funny guy and have the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. You are the joy of my life and I'm so thankful to be your mommy! Jesus loves you so much and wants your life to be filled with his blessings.