Tuesday, January 12, 2010

life's lessons

I had a humbling moment tonight in the shower... I know that sounds weird, but I felt like I needed to share this and just get it off my chest. Some of my dear friends know about a difficult situation I've been dealing with at work lately - well, really for several months. I supervise a great number of people across the state, and one of my folks is particularly challenging for me. It's been a long road - I've kept lots of documentation about concerns from other folks about this particular person. I was looking back at my prayer journal and noticed a prayer request from JULY 2009 about this guy - that my attitude would be Christlike with him and that I could be a Godly supervisor to him. Well, last week, it all came to blows. All of you know how much I love conflict, right??? oh gosh - I avoid it at all cost! Anyway - it didn't go well. He was angry and even said the GD word - which I almost came out of my skin and did strongly ask him not to speak like that in my presence. Soooo.... what's the big humbling moment from my quiet time in the shower tonight you say? God reminded me that my difficult employee is a child of His and is deeply loved and respected by the One who matters most and MY JOB is to love him as Christ would. POW! right in the middle of my forehead!!! I have not been good at this with this person - I've said ugly things about him to other people. I've lost focus! Pray for me, ya'll? Please??? I have another meeting with him tomorrow. Thanks!

1 John 4:7-8 Beloved, let us love one another, for love comes from God. He that loveth not, knoweth not God, for God is Love!

No comments: