Friday, April 30, 2010

No, I wasn't on Candid Camera...


But I sure could have been. Today started out as a perfectly normal day... (aside from some CRAZINESS at work, but that's a whole other post.) Yesterday was perfectly abnormal in every way, so today, I was determined to keep the boys busy, I mean keep my sanity. We went to the park this morning with our friends Katie and Caden and the boys had a blast. Jacob even got to "water a tree." That's right folks, my son pulled his pants down and peed right on a tree in the park. That's got to be some sort of illegal activity, but oh well. The boys love going to the park! Such a great FREE activity to let them explore and play. Then, the mommies of the bunch decided that McDonalds would be a good idea and a logical end to our perfect morning at the park. So we did. Okay, so there's a really good reason why Billy and I never take our boys out to eat. Today I was reminded... again and again. As a caveat, I must say that my boys were actually very very good. So was Caden. But, let's just say we had a few mishaps. We all got settled - cheeseburger perfectly broken apart for Jonathan, chicken nuggets and plenty of barbecue sauce for Jacob (and lots and lots of bribes to even get him to eat two bites.) Then, Jonathan said "moo" (his sound for milk) and reached right for his little cup. Well, somehow, it slipped right out of his hands and milk landed everywhere... especially all over ME. I even had milk dripping from my face... literally. At the exact moment the milk spilled, Jacob announced to everyone that "I need to go pee." and he proceeded to run into the mens room, which of course no mother would dare allow their little 3 year old to go into some gross stinky mens room where he could not be supervised. So I got to the door and told him he'd have to go to the ladies room with me. Once inside (oh - Bless Katie's heart - she's now cleaning up the milk that MY child spilled and keep in mind that I still have milk dripping off my face.), Jacob smashed his finger in the door and started wailing. He finally settled down and then did his business and out we go to enjoy our food. Well, Jonathan had decided that HE wanted to eat chicken nuggets while Jacob was in the bathroom, which of course did not make his big bro happy. From that point on, Jacob refused to eat them. Jonathan had a little package of barbecue sauce and dumped it out saying "all gone." EXCEPT is was not all gone. In fact, it was now ALL OVER MY FACE and my shirt and my pants and the booth. Katie and I were about to die laughing at this point. Sweet little Caden seemed totally unfazed - he kept right on eating. I was just starting to pick up everything to leave when Jonathan picked up his milk again and shook it saying "all gone." Before I could even move, there was more freaking milk dripping from my face. I mean seriously - what was the deal???? With that, we packed it up and called it a day. A fun time was had by all. Did really love the mommy time with Katie though! And I managed not to scream in public. Pretty impressive, huh???

3 comments:

Katie said...

i am cracking up all over again:)

Mommy Webb said...

I wish I was there to witness the entertainment!!!!! Love you and I love all three of those sweet boys.

jeanneburnett said...

lol! the life of a momma with 2 boys! Its good you can laugh about it! At least Katie was with you! Can you imagine being alone!