Sunday, May 23, 2010

5 years = the best of my life!!!

On Friday, Billy and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. These have truly been the best five years of my life and I have cherished every single memory with this sweet sweet man that God so lovingly chose to give me as my life partner. I remember our wedding day like it was yesterday. We had counted down to the big day by reading one Psalm a day backwards from 150 to 1. We finally read chapter one at about 11 pm the night before our wedding...I remember the sleepless night before... laying in my childhood bedroom tossing and turning thinking "you really need some rest." But rest wouldn't come. It was like a five year old getting ready to go to Disney Land the next day - but even better. I had planned every detail of the day and along with my mom and every little helper she could muster in Cave City, our reception was at my parent's beautiful home. Now, I know what a sacrifice that was for my parents and how much work went into the day! THANK YOU BOTH!!!! It was perfect in every way. So many of the students from FBC were there to celebrate and they were so special to us. We were heavily involved in the student ministry and have very special bonds with many of those students today. Finally, we said "i do" with the help of our dear friend and pastor Andy (Andy-Tales) McDonald and partied a little at the reception and drove off to our happily ever after. And let me tell you - happily ever after it has been so far. Now of course, we've had our ups and downs - shared some sorrows and pain, but through it all, we have lovingly been partners and best friends. Above all else...that's the bottom line for us. Before we were parents, we were Billy and Sherri (who all our friends say we are a perfect match!!!). I really do love, honor and cherish Billy with all that I have. I consider myself blessed beyond measure that he gets to be my forever partner. He makes me a better person! I think that's what it's all about in a relationship. In memory of our special 5th anniversary, I thought I'd share 5 interesting facts about my hubby that probably not too many people know. Nothing juicy... don't worry! :-) My in-laws may read this after all. :-)
1. Billy loves songs that have state titles in them or cities. It's really strange, but I can almost bet if I hear a song on the radio that says something about Baton Rouge or Georgia or Tennessee, my man will love it and quickly want to download it on our trusty iPod.
2. If coke were beer, we'd be in trouble. Seriously - he drinks at least a 2 liter of coke EVERY SINGLE DAY. How does he stay so skinny???? Don't get that at all, but that's another post.
3. He was made to be a daddy. Seriously. He is the best dad on all the planet. He is patient and kind and loves to play with his boys. He prays for their well-being and sets a Godly example for them to follow. He brings out the best in both boys and knows just how to interact with them so that their best qualities and strengths shine.
4. He'd be the happiest man on the planet if I scratched his head or back all the time. That is definitely his favorite thing for me to do. I would hope that he feels like the happiest man on the planet anyway, regardless if I scratch his head or not. :-)
5. He was made to love me. I really believe that! He is a wonderful husband. He's the best combination of sweet, romantic, patient (Lord knows I need that!), consistent, authentic, kind, put the needs and wants of others in front of his own kind of guy. I love this man!

* when I figure out how to scan some wedding pics, I'll do that!

1 comment:

melissaballard said...

Congrats you two lovebirds! You guys really were made for each other! I can't wait to help ya'll celebrate 50 years together!