Thursday, October 10, 2013

Scooby Dooby Doo - where are you?

Have I ever mentioned that I love being mommy to God's three little gifts?  Well, I do.  Sometimes, admittedly, I feel like my head may spin off my head with frustration with all the messes and the occasional arguing that occurs at my house.  Ahem...  BUT, I love it.  Last weekend was one for the record books, let me tell ya. 

For Jacob's 7th (yes - my baby is almost 7 -WHAT??) birthday, he requested a Scooby Doo Party.  And a slumber party.  So, I got busy planning.  We decided to have part one of Scooby-palooza at our church.  Y'all - it was Scooby city in there.  Here's the front door. 
 
Just inside - yep, that's right, Jacob's very own Mystery Machine - made by his Papaw!
 
There were Scooby Snacks (Jacob helped me name everything... Scoober-iza, Scoob-tato Chips, Mystery Juice and Scooby Cakes.  We also had cheese balls - I just couldn't bring myself to call them Scooby Balls or better yet, Shaggy balls... Ha!!!)
 
A fun photo booth with special little props
 
A Mystery Machine painting project (we split up the kiddos in 3 teams)
 
Then, the teams had to help solve a mystery... Jacob's presents were taken by a mysterious villain.  The teams had to follow clues around the church to help solve the mystery.  The final clue was tied around Daddy's leg - he was the villain.  It was hysterical to watch the kiddos try to catch him.  Finally, the last clue led Jacob to the Kids Studio for presents. 
 
Not sure who had more fun... Daddy, the villain or the kiddos.  :-)  Jacob said this was his favorite part.  It was a lot of work, but so totally worth it. 
 
Finally, the night ended with individual shots in the photo booth with Jacob and all his buds.  And then, yep, for part two of Scooby night, we had a sleepover at our house.  7 kiddos came over.  We watched the Scooby Doo Movie, played a few games, did legos and went to bed.  Girls in one room, boys in another.  :-)  Yes.  We did have a co-ed sleepover.  Hee hee!  The kiddos were amazing.  All asleep by 11.  We got them up early and all went to church with us the next morning.  Jacob was a very happy little boy and kept saying, "this is the best day ever!  Thanks for working so hard on my party mommy."  Yes, yes,  I'd do it all over again to see that smile.  I love my job as m-o-m.  Thank you Jesus! 
 
 
 
 

No comments: