I'm a little late for this, but Happy Happy birthday baby Joshua! I'm so afraid the busy-ness of our lives is going to make me forget how precious these days are for you. So here we go - lots of things I just don't want to forget about you:
- You smile all the time! Seriously - you never ever cry (except in church lately... hmmmm)
- You are an amazing sleeper - you go down at about 8 and sleep until 7:30 or 8. We don't even have to rock you or anything. You love to sleep with your little bear, green blankie and about 4 pacis. You also have a glow worm in your bed and you've learned how to push his tummy to make him sing.
- You take two naps a day - one at about 10 and one after we get the big boys at about 3 or 3:30.
- You weighed 20.8 lbs and were 29" long at your appointment. You are a little smaller than our other guys were at this age.
- You took your first steps on October 1. You are still a little wobbly, but oh so cute. You are walking all over the place.
- You are down to two bottles a day, morning and night. If you see one during the day, you really want it bad - but you are easily distracted. :-)
- You love balls - it's your most clear word.
- You are a great eater - you eat almost anything, except blueberries and celery. I don't blame you bud! Your favorites I think are gravy and biscuit and chili.
- You have a cute sense of humor - if I put something silly on my head, you think its hysterical. When I throw a ball and catch it, you think it's the greatest. And of course, you laugh all the time at your brothers.
- When changing your diapers, sometimes you hold the diaper cream. You can get it open. Hope it's not too bad for you if you get a little in your mouth.
- Whenever we are hanging out in your room, you sneak over to your bed and get your blankie and paci out. I've been working in there a lot lately, going through clothes and getting your new big boy clothes all ready.
- You love cords - especially the Wii U cords.
- You love to open cabinets and dump out the contents. Actually, you like to dump out the contents of anything.
- You understand "No No" really well and seem to be a good listener so far.
- You love going to Ms. Erin's - your face lights up when you see her.
- You finally got a new big boy carseat. You feel like hot stuff in it.
- You are going to be the Tasmanian Devil for Halloween. It really (for real!) may be the cutest thing I've ever seen.
- You have the craziest hair! Some cute curls! :-)
- You lean in and give kisses when I ask. It melts my heart!
- You like to turn off the lights in room.
- When you wake up and we come get you, we say, "drop your paci" and you thrown it in your crib (or across the room if you choose!). In the mornings when you wake up, you don't even cry. You just sort of sit there, play and wait for us.
- You just started to put your hands together when we pray before dinner. It is so cute!
I love you to the moon and back and more than that!