Sunday, October 06, 2013

36 things

(this bloggy post is LONG overdue! - It's been in my saved drafts FOREVER - was gonna add pictures, but text only is all I've got today!! - but here's to remembering the little things and blogging more often!)

I had a FANTASTIC birthday.  I am one blessed momma.  For real!  Here's to 36! Just some facts...
1.  You never ever get to turn off "Mommy" - sometimes I wish you could, but the thoughts, the worries, the feelings of being mommy never go away. 
2.  I'm not complaining - I love my job as mommy, but the constant feelings of "am I a good enough mommy?" or "wonder how they are feeling right now?"  or "hope they are enjoying reading today at school."...never.go.away. 
3.  Being mommy of three boys makes me totally outnumbered.  Not that I wasn't before, but sometimes I just need a little more estrogen and a little less testosterone.  Ha!
4.  I clean the bathrooms in my house, but I'm ready to pass the torch.  I mean, I can promise you that I AM NOT THE ONE WHO GETS PEE ON THE FLOOR AROUND THE POTTY! 
5.  My house can be clean one minute and totally cluttered the next minute.  How does that happen? 
6.  On days that I work (Tuesdays and Thursdays), I feel as though I miss out so much on the boys' lives.  I'm so grateful for my part time work schedule, but those days sure are long. 
7.  Jacob had a really yucky bike wreck tonight.  In the grand scheme of things, it wasn't too bad, but when you see your baby face down on the concrete, your heart will stop and you might accidentally pee your pants.  I was a little concerned that his permanent teeth were damaged, but all is good.  
8.  I'm really grateful for new friends God has placed in my life over the last year. 
9.  My hubby's watching football.  Blah - I'm trying to enjoy it with him. 
10.  Year 35 brought exciting news of a new baby!  Here's to never having that news again. 
11.  Year 35 also brought us to the hospital with our sweet baby for breathing problems.  Here's to NEVER ever being in the hospital again with our sweeties. 
12.  Jacob is in another play at the Shelby County Community Theater.  Fun times. 
13.  Jonathan is really enjoying kindergarten and is working so hard on his reading! 
14.  We affectionately refer to Joshua as "TAZ" - short for, you guessed it, Tasmanian Devil.  His personality just fits the description.  He's into everything!
15.  Billy is still working in Shelbyville - thank the Lord.  That is such a huge blessing for our family.  Our gas expenses too! 
16.  Joshua is a bottomless pit.  He eats anything and everything in sight.  I sometimes wish someone else could feed him - just to expose him to all the things the picky Stover crew never will. 
17.  I love running - but not by myself.  I'm running about 15 miles per week.  It feels good.
18.  Billy and I are 100% totally addicted to the show 24.  I know we are about ten years late to the party, but we just happened to find the reruns and are loving it so much!
19.  Jacob's play was time consuming, but so amazing.  It was called "Jack and the Giant." 
20.  The songs from the play continue to run through my head.  Especially, "fee fee fi fi fo fo fum." 
21.  Parent teacher conferences were successful - boys are doing great!
22.  We are excited to be having another niece in a few months.  We are thrilled for Kelly and Shawn. 
23.  Joshua opens the cabinet in the kitchen with his plastic bowls and plates and completely empties its contents - at least 20 times each day.  TAZ!!
24.  Billy and I are teaching 1-3 grade girls again this year at church.  We are really enjoying it.  For some reason, God's got me camped out in the Old Testament.  Enjoying seeing how all the stories flow. 
25.  A gallon of milk spilled in our van last week.  It reeked - still does, but is better!  Did you know that a bag of charcoal under the seats neutralizes odors???
26.  It does not seem possible that my baby is almost seven and Joshua is almost one.  I just want to put on the breaks. 
27.  Billy's on the pastor search committee at church - it's super time consuming, but I'm so proud of him.  Praying hard for our church.  We have SO much potential. 
28.  Every morning, we carry the boys down to our bed.  After they get their school clothes on, they watch Tom and Jerry - I love how it makes them laugh. 
29.  One of my most favorite times of the day EVER is going in Joshua's room first thing... his bed head is awesome.  He smiles HUGE.  He tries to hide from me in his crib under his little blanket. 
30.  After I pick him up, I say, "drop your paci" - and he throws it back in his bed. 
31.  He also likes to turn off the light for me - when he does, he claps for himself. 
32.  Three boys = lots and lots of laundry!
33.  Joshua and I love stroller rides - but running with him is no joke. 
34.  I'd really like to work on publishing a book full of social skill practice activities.  I do a weekly social skills group and love it, but I'd really like to formalize all my ideas into a book - anybody know how I could/should get started?
35.  Joshua loved to put the pegs of his little puzzles in his mouth and it's so cute.  I distinctly remember the other boys doing the same thing! 
36.  I am so blessed.  I love my life!  I pray that I would not allow the enemy to steal my joy as I live life in the trenches of a busy momma! 

How's that for some random thoughts???

No comments: