Wednesday, February 24, 2010

wow...just wow!




Wow. Just wow. Time really does fly! I've heard people say that all my life and sometimes I agreed, just for the sake of being agreeable, but today, I'm having a major case of "oh my gosh I can't believe how fast time has gone" itis. I just got back from (GULP!) registering my sweet little punkin for Preschool. That's right - preschool. My Jacob is going to preschool at FBC this fall. Unbelievable. Really!!!! Any mommy would agree that this moment is a very proud moment. Any mommy would agree that preschool is a very very good thing for kiddos. Any momma in Shelbyville who knows Jan Wonderlich (the preschool director at FBC) knows that you just can't go wrong with FBC preschool. Jan is an amazing woman of God and has been a good friend of ours for many years. Billy and I were fortunate to team-teach with Jan and her sweet dear Roger who passed away a few years ago. They were quite a team. Any momma would also know that this is a huge milestone and will be instrumental in shaping the young man he will become. Any momma will also know that this feels like it should NOT be happening yet. At least this momma feels that way! Part of me is excited and watching Jacob's little eyes light up when we talk about it makes me know it's absolutely the best decision for us. BUT... can't help but feel a little, no a lot, nostalgic today! I really do feel like it was just yesterday that I found out I was preggo with Jacob. And that it was just yesterday that my water broke at the Shelbyville Cinemas and I gave birth (not at the movie theater thankfully!) and instantly fell in love. Now, 3 + years later, we have two sweet babies that keep us super busy and one of them will be getting a backpack and school clothes and (tear) maybe even a favorite teacher that he'll love as much as mommy and daddy... Jacob man, I love you and am so proud to be our momma - keep shining for Jesus baby! I pray that your compassionate little heart will make a mighty impact on FBC preschool next year and the whole world one day. Love you more than you'll ever know!!!!

1 comment:

Mommy Webb said...

I feel like you were just pregnant with Jacob - and he was just a teeny dude laying in my lap in the blue recliner. Now he's grown into such a bright, compassionate superhero of a dude:). Jacob - Aunt Rachie and Uncle Leedle will always love you and cheer you on as you go to preschool and beyond.