Friday, February 05, 2010

why I haven't had time to post on my bloggy page...







Well, we've been busy little beavers in this crazy house... between working FULL (yuck!) time, trying to keep up with house work, keeping up with all the great TV right now - seriously, we're into way too many shows - yikes!, stomach bugs all around, exercising (for real), running all over the place chasing my fun and silly boys and potty training. WHAT DID THAT JUST SAY???? Yep, that's right folks, we are 100% knee deep into the whole potty training business. As I've posted before, Jacob has really not been into the whole potty thing. He has said many times that he would never ever go potty or that he'll potty when he's 11... BUT last Saturday we had a major breakthrough! I nonchalantly told him I wanted to give him a treat. He of course was intrigued and asked what it was. I told him I couldn't tell him unless he peed on the potty. Well, son of a gun, it worked! He went pee on the potty!!! It was pretty funny that day - he kept saying he needed to go and would sit on the potty and maybe a drop would come out and he'd say "can I have another M&M??? Well, 7 days later and he's still doing AWESOME!!!!! He's even telling me when he needs to potty. He is so proud. We've done lots of treats and praise and he just beams from ear to ear. We even made a huge deal out of getting him some super hero undies. Jonathan's even gotten in on the action - he sits on his potty too, but he hasn't actually gone pee yet. What about #2 you ask? Some success there too! HOORAY! I think we're finally on our way to having a civilized 3 year old who potties like everyone else in his class at church. What a relief! But I do have to say - it's exhausting - to keep reminding him. Cleaning up the "accidents," keeping lysol handy for the #2 mishaps - sometimes he gets off the potty before the deed is done if you know what I mean. I am soooooooo proud of my very big boy. A little bitter sweet for this momma - I can't believe how big my boys are. They make my world complete. I triple heart each of them so very much.






* since I'm not really down with posting action shots of the whole potty business, I'll leave you with a few shots of the evidence. Where we've been camping out lately (bonus I love my kiddos PB kids bathroom!!!!!) and the sticker chart and several of his big boy underpants.

2 comments:

jeanneburnett said...

YEAH!!!! That is sooo exciting!!! I know you are relieved your getting some where!!! Won't be long and he will be an independent little boy!! I am keeping notes, this will be my life in about 6-9 months!

Mommy Webb said...

I am so proud of Jacob for using the big boy potty. He just had to wait until he felt like it - and he let you know when he did:). I'm with Jeanne - I'm taking notes!