Tuesday, May 10, 2011

just some stuff rumbling round in my brain...

So, have you ever felt trapped in your own home? I kind of am today. And it's good, I promise. We are getting new floors and carpets installed downstairs TODAY - while I type and the boys are tyring to rest. I say trying, because hello - anyone else been in their house whilst hard wood is being installed? L to the Loud is all I have to say. BUT it will be worth it and I already love it. My house is 12 types of upside down. I couldn't even find my undies this morning. whoops. Should have thought of that when I haphazardly threw all the contents of our dresser into trash bags late last night to move our furniture out of our room. We have to turn them up on their sides to make the crazy angles of our house and everything started to dump out. So I got all "be prepared" and got the trash bags out and stuffed away. Anyway - it's nap time and the boys need some down time. I've been outside all day and I'm dripping with sweat...So we're trapped. But, that's okay. Totally okay. And i'm not really crazy about a stranger being in our house all alone or I'd just pack up and go to the zoo. Oh except that I couldn't because in the midst of the floor installation, an insurance adjuster had to come look at our roof as we've had some leakange with all the rain over the last umpteen weeks. Sheesh. Who needs animals? It's a zoo here at Stover ville.

In other news, mother's day was great. Got to spend some time with my momma and loved being a mommy to my boys. AND, i got to welcome my hubby home from a week long work trip to Phoenix. That was my mother's day present! So glad he's back. Shew. Single parenting is for the birds. I have so much respect for those of you who do the daily grind without a supportive and loving husband. Know that you have my prayers!

And also, we have been working hard on potty training round here. Jonathan is doing great. Most of the time. He's holding it a lot though and that makes me nervous. He holds it all day sometimes. No accidents ever. He just won't go pee. Not everyday, but lots. I worry that he'll get a bladder infection or kidney infection or something. Oh number 2 you ask?? Not much progress there. He usually waits til he has a diaper on at night night time. Not really ready to fight that battle just yet.

Finally, (SORRY FOR THE LONG WINDEDNESS OF THIS POST! -but hey, I'm trapped, remember?) and most important.... PLEASE BE PRAYING FOR MY FRIEND AND FORMER CO-WORKER DAVID. His 7 year old son has a brain tumor and is in surgery at UK hospital at this very moment. Tanner had ben throwing up with no explanation for 3 weeks and last week they did a MRI, which showed a brain tumor. David and Tanner's mother, Ann could use all the prayers they could get. The next few weeks are going to be tough as he recovers from surgery and they have to figure out if the tumor is cancer, etc.

Thanks all! Kind of put things in perspective. My topsy turvy house is nothing compared to what my friend David is goin through.

No comments: