Monday, May 11, 2009

Being a mommy
















Being a mommy is a great great thing. Mother's Day has always been fun, because I have a great mommy! The last three mommy days have been so special with my little sweeties! Yesterday, I got the sweetest gifts - first, Jacob made the most adorable card for me in Sunday school - I love it and will truly treasure it forever! Then, Billy made me a little scrapbook with some special pics of the boys - it's a pre-made Hallmark scrapbook with places to journal. He took so much time to write special messages all throughout the book. I love it!!!!! I promise, it's one of the things (after my boys of course) that I'd grab if our house was on fire. I really have the best husband in the world - sorry all you ladies. I really do have the best!!!!!










Mother's day was very special for lots of reasons - it was baby dedication day at church so we dedicated Jonathan to the Lord - Billy and I pray for our boys every day! We chose Matt. 22:37 as our life verse, so it's only fitting that it's the verse we pray over both our boys. The day was quite eventful... Billy had been out of town ALL week and was scheduled to fly in at 9:55. WELL, at 8:45, I got a message that his plane was delayed. Thank the Lord, he made it - with one minute to spare for baby dedication. Literally, he walked in at 10:59 - thank you Jesus!!! Then Jacob proceeded to run up and down the isles while we were on stage....i just knew that all eyes were on me, the MOTHER of that silly little person.










All in all though, as I reflect, being a mommy is my most important job. I sure am not perfect at it - in fact a lot of times I down right stink at it, but I try so hard to be a good mommy to these boys. I pray all the time for wisdom and the right "trick" that will help them be obedient and respectful. Lord help me with that one...










Here's a few shots from our special day. Thank you Jesus for the most wonderful family ever!!! I am blessed beyond imagination!

1 comment:

Tiffany Keene said...

Billy is so sweet!!! That is such a sweet gift for one of the bestest mommies in the world! I'm SO GLAD that Billy made it to the baby dedication! I was praying so hard that he would! I knew that God would get Daddy there in time!!! :)