Thursday, May 14, 2009

Dear Jonathan


Dear Jonathan,

Hi Sweet boy!!!!!!! I love you so much! You are just growing too fast! I can't believe you're going to be one in two weeks! It's really hard to believe. This time last year, I just couldn't wait to see what you would look like, to hold you and snuggle you. You exceeded all my expectations - you are perfect!


here are some of the really cute things you do and say right now:

You love balls - love to bounce them, throw them, catch them, chase them... so cute!

You are turning into a little bit of a TV junkie - you love watching praise baby - you get so excited when the other little babies come on. You wave your arms at them like you're trying to grab them.

You love to "cook" - when Mommy's in the kitchen, all I have to do is open up the shelf with the pots and pans and you just go to town. You get really big spoons and stir away - I don't know what you're cooking, but it sure is yummy!

You love the sandbox - I was a little nervous about letting you play with it, but you love it - you never even attempt to eat the sand (which is what I was afraid of!)

You love to walk in the laundry room and play with the garbage can - weird, I think, but it sure fascinates you!

You love to go on walks! You laugh at our shadows.

You DO NOT like to stand or walk in the grass - don't know why, but you really can't stand it.

You love wind chimes - you grab them every time you walk by.

You sometimes throw tantrums - like full blown tantrums - you scream, throw yourself back and cry - they only last about 10 seconds, but they are definitely tantrums. oh gosh - what's next???

YOU ARE SLEEPING SO MUCH BETTER!!!!! thank you thank you thank you for that!

You were "dedicated" to the Lord last weekend at church and we pray for you all the time. The verse we have chosen for you is Matt 22:37.


Baby boy, I love you so much! I'll be your best friend and biggest fan all the days of your life!

Love, Mommy


(here you are after finding a "treasure" in the laundry room!)

2 comments:

Tiffany Keene said...

That is so funny that he doesn't like grass! :) And what a praise that he is sleeping better!!!! Huge PRAISE!!! Jonathan is so darn cute!!! I loved the picture of him in the sink at the baby dedication, very sweet!!!!

Mommy Webb said...

I am counting down the days till your first birthday, Baby Jonathan. You are one strong dude. And you have a sweet, toothy smile that makes me melt. Aunt Rachie and Uncle Leedle love you.