Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Bye Bye Mr. Mullet - I sure will miss you!!!

Here's a couple of shots of our day: Before, During and after the cut:






Today was a big day for Mr. Jonathan...I totally took the plunge and got him his first big boy haircut. You see, he had a mullet - an all out mullet. Little on top and long in the back. Very Billy Ray Cyrus of him, I know. But Jonathan's little mullet, you see had a few curls. And curls =girly, I suppose. We kept getting comments like "oh she's so pretty. How old is your daughter...??" REALLY - do you not SEE those sports balls all over his shirt??? And don't you know that if I had me a girl, she'd be all decked out in frills and bows and everything she wore would be monogrammed. I digress. Anyway, we took the big boy to Kid O Cuts in Middletown - fun place. A little pricey, but special for the first time! Jonathan got to sit in a little car shaped cutting chair and watch Mickey while sweet Cathie worked on his new look. He didn't scream, but he just sort of whimpered the whole time. He really doesn't like water on his head, so when she took the water bottle and started spraying, I knew we could be in trouble. But he made it and now looks so big and grown up. An added bonus - he got his first ever sucker. Suckers + 16 month old + big blue van = sticky mess. Man he loved that sucker!! I was so proud of myself...I didn't even cry. Now I feel all nostalgic. I can't believe my boys are getting so big. Amazing!

1 comment:

Tiffany Keene said...

Awww! He's so grown up now! :) What a big boy! I'm sure he loved being pampered! :)