Monday, October 05, 2009

Did he really do that???

I have a really funny story and I just know that words will NOT due the situation justice, but I'll do my best. Today, we had a special visitor at our house from First Steps. I've been a little concerned about Jonathan's communication skills, so we looked into First Steps - totally recommend it by the way if you're even curious!!! The evaluator was great and Jonathan took right to her. He does seem to have a slight communication delay, not a receptive delay...he understands everything we say, he just doesn't vocalize it the same way... Anyway, so the evaluator was here, playing fun games with Jonathan and near the end, Jonathan had ventured away from the living room and came out fully decorated with some of mommy's underwear. That's right friends...he got into my panty drawer. My "pretties" as we say here. It was hilarious and very embarrassing!!! He had some around his neck and about 5 pair in each hand and was so happy to show our new friend his treasures. She was great and just glazed over it, but I had to pry those suckers out of his hands. Billy was in the kitchen and was enjoying the whole thing a little too much - he thought it was hilarious. And it was. But also VERY embarrassing!!! :-)

1 comment:

Tiffany Keene said...

Oh my gosh! I can only imagine the look on your face! Good thing the First Steps Therapist was a female, it would have been a lot more embarrassing had it been a male therapist! :)