Sunday, October 25, 2009

Dear Jonathan


Hi Little Bug - I love you! You are growing so fast - your little winter clothes all make you look like a little man for some reason - I guess it's all the cute collared shirts from Baby Gap (I love me some Baby Gap!!!). Jonathan, you are a very special boy! Here's a few things you've done the last month...you continue to love your brother very much. You have a very special bond, and I pray that you always will love him and admire him like you do now. You continue to be a FANTASTIC eater (which gets major kudos at this house, since the other 75% of the residents in the Stover house are super picky!). You love grapes, blueberries and bananas, but you really will eat most everything - except broccoli. Don't blame you buddy! You love to eat, but for some reason, hate to be contained in your big boy seat, so when we sit down to eat, I know we have about a 10 minute window for you. You also continue to be a fantastic sleeper and are finally attaching to a "lovey" - you have a little white bear that you really do like. I'm so glad - I don't know why, but I really wanted both you and your brother to have a lovey - I guess because I did (and still have my Snowflake, but Billy did finally convince me I didn't need to sleep with him anymore.) You are still waiting a little bit to talk to us. You communicate just fine, just not with any audible words yet. We're working really hard on it and even have a special friend, Ms. Ann who's coming every week to help you. I know it's frustrating for you when you need to tell us something and just can't...be patient! We love you and are making you stretch and stretch your little voice and your use of baby signs to tell us what you need. You do the sign for "more" all the time. Great job - keep it up!!! Finally, you are a total TV junkie - I know I know, I hate that you actually watch any TV since the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends no TV until 2 years of age, BUT oh.my.goodness.you.love.love.love Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. It is seriously the best thing ever to you! You may just follow in your daddy's footsteps - if he has the opportunity, the TV is on - usually sports. :-) Jonathan, we love you and continue to pray so hard for your salvation one day. We pray that you will understand how deep God's love is for you! Stay spunky little guy - love your smiles, love your dances, love the way you "read" books, and love it when you jump and fall on your bottom - you think you are such hot stuff!

Love you forever and always, Mommy

2 comments:

Tiffany Keene said...

That picture of Billy and Jonathan is too sweet for words!!!!!!!!

Mommy Webb said...

Baby Jonathan, you are not much of a baby anymore. You are getting so grown up. And you can keep up with that big brother of yours really well. I'm impressed. Now can you please teach Walker Man how to sleep good and sound through the night. Please!;)