Wednesday, October 14, 2009

This exact time three years ago, I was...
















eating the yummiest Wick's pizza ever!! Why in the world do I remember what I was eating three years ago??? BECAUSE IT WAS THE DAY I GAVE BIRTH to my sweet sweet baby boy, Jacob William Stover. A day I'll never forget from start to finish. At about 9:00 pm, my sweet sis in law, Kelly, drove to Wicks and brought us the best tasting pizza ever. I was starving. Jacob was born at 6:33 pm and I had been in labor since 8:30 THE NIGHT BEFORE. That's right folks, 22 hours of labor (and no food, which is why I was hungry!). Crazy times. Sweet times. Scary times. Joy. Terror. Tears of joy. Tears of pain. Exhaustion. Pure and absolute love for another being in one split second. The whole nine yards.










I can't believe that my baby is already 3. We've had quite the celebration week - a nice fun party with all our family on Sunday and a quiet night at home today (well, not really quiet since we bought him a drum for his b-day) to celebrate just the four of us. Jacob woke up this morning and said "i don't want another birthday. I'll just stay two forever." Sweet boy!!! Happy Happy Birthday big boy. I love you so much!










I never knew that being a mom would make me so emotional. I just can't get over how much I love my boys and how much I pray for them every single day that they would choose to love the Lord with all their heart, mind soul and strength. What a great reminder of the Father's love for me.

2 comments:

Mommy Webb said...

Happy Birthday, Jacob. You are a blessing to everyone around you. Keep cracking us up with your silly one liners. Love you, Big Boy.

Tiffany Keene said...

Happy Birthday Jacob!!! :)
We love you, and your little brother and Mommy and Daddy!
Love,
Wes, Tiff, & Tucker