Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Dr. Kirby to the rescue...

Let me tell you a little about our adventure on Monday... I took the boys to the dentist for the first time. We went to our good friend, Kirby, or as my boys like to say "Tate's mommy." Well, all started out okay... lobby full of fun toys and books about teeth and big knights with shiny armor to greet us.
Then they called our names....holy moly. Jacob about crapped his pants. We got back in the room and he did pretty well when Kirby's assistant said, "I'm just gonna count your teeth, okay?" Jacob had this look of terror, but did pretty good. Then it was Jonathan's turn. He too did fairly well with the whole teeth counting trick. Dr. Kirby enters the room (drum roll) and that's when the fear set in. Jacob let her look in his mouth but then when she started to put the fluoride treatment in, he freaked out. Seriously... I had to hold him down while he was screaming. Heaven forbid if he ever gets a cavity. We'll be on the DL for 6-7 weeks for that. Jonathan hopped on the table after that and cried a little, but not too bad. Jacob was scared out of his mind for his little brother. Poor Kirby... I hope my boys weren't the worst she's seen. :-) When we were leaving, she said, "don't worry boys. Next time I'll see you, I'll just be Tate's momma." So sweet!
After the "trauma" they got new toothbrushes and a toy, so all was well. Oh the joys...

2 comments:

Mommy Webb said...

Oh my, I can only imagine how Walker will react when we take him. Yikes! Good thing Dr. Kirby is a mommy too, so she understands:).

jeanneburnett said...

I was dreading bringing Mark for the first time...after Kirby kept telling me I needed to. First time, not so good, but last month we went for our 2nd time--I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT! It was like a TOTALLY different kid! So I am expecting the same to happen for you! It gets better!