Saturday, January 01, 2011

I did it! I did it! I did it!



I DID IT!! Today I completed the Hangover Classic - a TEN mile race in Louisville. Yes, I said ten miles. I am so proud of myself. The most I'd run in the last month or so was 6 miles so this was definitely a challenge. I did pretty good until mile 7, so I had to really dig deep to finish. :-) The weather was nice - in the low 50s and no rain during race time. It was very wet though, so my pants and shoes were soaked. When I got close to the end, I saw the big blue van with my three favorite fans in tow. I was so happy to see them - it gave me a needed burst of energy. Here's a pic with one of my fans!

I'm pretty sore tonight, but it was oh.so.worth.it. Hooray!

What a cool way to ring in the new year. I wonder what my fitness goals will be this year?

6 comments:

melissaballard said...

WOOHOO!! I knew you could do it! You rock Sherri!

Mommy Webb said...

I'm proud of you, sister. What a year it has been for you. You can start training me this fall:).

Dawn said...

Great job Sherri! What an accomplishment!

Tiffany Keene said...

I am SO proud of you! Seriously, that was no easy feat and you did it! AWESOME! I want to be you when I grow up ;)

L Perkins said...

Congrats!!! What an amazing accomplishment!

PeaceMama said...

you are SO AWESOME!!!! you've inspired me to get out running again!